Benscabiol 25% Solution is used to treat scabies and lice infestation. Benzyl benzoate exerts toxic effects on the nervous system of the parasite, resulting in its death. It is also toxic to mite ova.
Benzyl Benzoate 25%
- Adults: Use undiluted
- Children over 1 year: Dilute with equal volume of water.
- Children under 1 year: Dilute with twice its volume of water.
Scabies: Bathe with warm water then apply immediately after drying skin over whole body (neck to feet) and allow to dry. Apply a second time and allow to dry. Repeat after 24 hours. Bathe and dress in clean clothes. It may be necessary to carry out a second or third course of treatment.
Lice infestation: Apply on hair and allow it to remain for 24 hours then wash hair. Repeat treatment 2-3 times if necessary.
For treatment of scabies and lice infestation.
- For external use only.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Should not be applied on eyes, face, mucous membranes, irritated skin or weeping wounds.
- Do not use if you are pregnant, breast-feeding or sensitive to benzyl benzoate except on doctor's advice.
- If you accidentally ingest, seek medical assistance immediately.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Protect from light.